3. Coraline (2009)
|Release Date on Netflix||March 16, 2017|
|Runtime||1 hour 40 minutes|
|Rotten Tomatoes Score||90%|
|Streaming on||Netflix United States, Canada, France, Argentina, Brazil, Japan|
Coraline is about a young girl, played by Dakota Fanning, who adventures into another world which seems surreal in the way that it idealizes her current home. But, this place isn’t all it seems to be and holds a number of dark and mysterious secrets. It’s definitely one of the best kids movies on Netflix at the moment.
- Ten people worked for 3-4 months in order to make a single puppet of Coraline.
- One of the Coraline crew members was specifically hired in order to knit the tiny sweaters that the puppets wear, using knitting needles that were as slender and thin as human hair.
2. Fantasia (1940)
|Release Date on Netflix||January 5, 2015|
|Directors||Paul Satterfield, T. Hee, Jim Handley, and Norman Ferguson|
|Runtime||2 hours 5 minutes|
|Rotten Tomatoes Score||96%|
|Streaming on||Unfortunately, this production is no longer streaming on Netflix; we will update this page as soon as it comes back!|
Making its way onto the American Film Institute’s list of the 100 Greatest Movies of All Time as number 58 and definitely earning the top spot on our list of the 7 best kids movies on Netflix, Fantasia is a number of different interpretations of Western classical music that have been animated. It features segments like “Toccata and Fugue in D Minor,” “The Nutcracker Suite,” “Dance of the Hours,” “Night on Bald Mountain/Ave Maria” and others.
- This is the only Disney animated film that lasts two hours or more.
- Walt Disney gave the animators no instructions or directions involving how to color the images, instead telling them to use any colors that they wanted, which was the first time that ever happened.
1. Nightmare Before Christmas (1993)
|Release Date on Netflix||December 4, 2015|
|Runtime||1 hour 16 minutes|
|Rotten Tomatoes Score||95%|
|Streaming on||Netflix Canada, Australia, UK, Argentina, Brazil, France, Germany, Spain, Norway, Sweden, Poland, Lithuania, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Russia, Singapore, Japan, India|
A shoe-in for this list of the 7 best kids movies on Netflix and reaching impressive heights as number 42 on Rotten Tomatoes’ Best Kids Movies List, Tim Burton‘s Nightmare Before Christmas is about the king of Halloween Town, Jack Skellington, who stumbles upon Christmas Town. He tries to bring Christmas back to his hometown, but his attempts cause unrest and confusion in Halloween Town’s residents.
- The Nightmare Before Christmas features 24 frames per second, which means that the stop-motion characters had to be posed 24 times for every second of the film which amounted to approximately 110,000 frames.
- One minute of the film took a week to make, meaning that the entire film took three years to complete.
Children’s movies are ones that never seem to grow old, no matter how much we age. With cute characters, enthralling storylines and often important morals to be learned throughout the films, kids movies are always an appropriate way to spend the evening. Use this list of the 7 best kids movies on Netflix and find your children’s next favorite film. Then, let us know what the family thinks by giving us your review in the comments below!