Kids movies are vibrant and colorful and full of fun characters that arrest the attention. These children’s movies also often teach lessons about life, vulnerability, honesty, and friendship through relatable antagonists, lessons that adults might have something learn from, too. By watching children’s movies, families get a wholesome way to experience quality time together while being entertained and sometimes educated at the same time. This article will provide you with a list of the 7 best kids movies on Netflix that you can stream right now.
7. Antz (1998)
|Release Date on Netflix||April 14, 2015|
|Directors||Eric Darnell and Tim Johnson|
|Runtime||1 hour 23 minutes|
|Rotten Tomatoes Score||96%|
|Streaming on||Netflix United States, Canada,UK, Argentina, Brazil, France, Czech Republic, Germany, the Netherlands, Lithuania, Poland, Norway, Sweden, Spain, Slovakia, Russia, India, Hong Kong, Japan|
Starring talents such as Woody Allen, Sharon Stone, and Gene Hackman, resting as number 37 on Rotten Tomatoes’ Best Kids movie list and definitely one of the best kids movies on Netflix today, Antz is a tale about an ant who attempts to get out from under the heavy thumb of a totalitarian ruler while also attempting to win the affection of his love interest.
- Antz was Dreamworks’ first-ever animated film.
- Woody Allen recorded his lines in an impressive five days time.
6. Chicken Run (2000)
|Release Date on Netflix||April 14, 2015|
|Directors||Peter Lord and Nick Park|
|Runtime||1 hour 24 minutes|
|Rotten Tomatoes Score||97%|
|Streaming on||Netflix United States, Canada, UK, Australia, Argentina, Brazil, India, Japan, Hong Kong, Singapore|
Securing its place as number three on our list of 7 best kids movies of all time and number 22 on Rotten Tomatoes’ Best Kids Movies list, Chicken Run follows the story of an American rooster who has fallen in love with a hen from a British farm. They decide to flee the farm and attempt escape, but they must do so with an evil farmer intent on keeping them at the farm. It’s one of the best kids comedy movies on Netflix.
- Two of the characters, Rocky and Ginger, were named after two of one of the director’s pet chickens he had as a child.
- Mel Gibson‘s kids were a large reason why he decided to take the part.
5. Paddington (2014)
|Release Date on Netflix||October 1, 2016|
|Runtime||1 hour 35 minutes|
|Rotten Tomatoes Score||98%|
|Streaming on||Netflix United States, Argentina, Brazil, Germany, Norway, Sweden, Australia, India|
Number 26 on Rotten Tomatoes Best Kids Movie list mentioned above, Paddington is a story that follows a Peruvian bear that has made a journey all the way to London in order to find a new home. He ends up getting lost and finds himself alone and stranded at Paddington Station. There, he meets a kind family, the Brown family, who offer him somewhere to go. It’s definitely one of the best kids movies on Netflix if we look at its popularity among younger demographics!
- Paddington Bear’s character was inspired by a teddy bear writer Michael Bond found in a London store on a shelf on Christmas Eve, 1956, near Paddington Station. He purchased it as a gift for his wife and eventually found the inspiration to write a story.
- The film stars Nicole Kidman who, as a child, adored Bond’s book and wanted nothing more than to have Paddington Bear live at her house. She was enthusiastic about the role for this reason.
Interested in more animated movies you can stream from home? Check out our list of the best animated movies on Netflix!
4. The Jungle Book (2016)
|Release Date on Netflix||November 30, 2016|
|Runtime||1 hour 46 minutes|
|Rotten Tomatoes Score||95%|
|Streaming on||Netflix United States, Canada, UK, Germany, Norway. Sweden, Spain, India, Hong Kong, Singapore|
Earning the 62nd spot on ‘Rotten Tomatoes’ All Time Best list, The Jungle Book follows Mowgli, known as a “man-cub,” whom, after being threatened by the tiger, Shere Khan, runs away from his forest home. Mowgli’s journey is one in which he discovers parts of himself through the help of a carefree bear, Baloo, and a panther named Bagheera.
- This film is a remake of the Walt Disney classic of the same name that premiered in 1967 and is one of the best kids movies on Netflix.
- The Genie’s lamp from Aladdin is one of the treasures tucked away inside of King Louie’s temple.
- It took nearly five hours of rendering per frame during the scenes where Baloo, a CG character, appeared in due to his amount of fur and overall size.