6. Shakespeare in Love (1998)
|Release Date on Netflix||January 1, 2014|
|Runtime||2 hours 3 minutes|
|IMDb Rating||7.2 out of 10|
|Rotten Tomatoes Score||92%|
|Streaming on||Netflix United States and Netflix Canada|
On our list of the 7 best comedy movies on Netflix and ranking a high percentage of 93 percent on Rotten Tomatoes, Shakespeare in Love is a story about William Shakespeare in his youth, played by Joseph Fiennes. Shakespeare falls in love with a woman, played by Gwyneth Paltrow. Going through writers block until he met her, he then wrote one of the most famous Shakespearean plays ever after meeting her.
– This is the second film in which Colin Firth’s character’s love interest is taken by a Fiennes actor.
– In order to be near his girlfriend at the time, Gwyneth Paltrow, Ben Affleck was a part of Shakespeare in Love.
6. Hot Fuzz (2007)
|Release Date on Netflix||October 13, 2014|
|Runtime||1 hour 56 minutes|
|IMDb Rating||7.9 out of 10|
|Rotten Tomatoes Score||91%|
|Streaming on||Netflix United States, Netflix Brazil and Netflix France|
With a 91 percent rating on Rotten Tomatoes, Hot Fuzz follows Nicholas Angel, a respected cop in London, is transferred involuntarily to a small English village. There, he is paired with a new partner who is rather witless. While working, Angel gets the feeling that there is something sinister occurring within the new town and its residents.
– While dressed in their costumes, both Simon Pegg and Nick Frost were mistaken for police officers several times and went along with the guise, saying that it made them feel powerful.
– Simon Pegg was given training with weapons to prepare for his part as Nick Angel.
Comedy movies brighten up our lives and give us something to help de-stress after a long day at work. Often involving outlandish characters, we are able to take a step back from our lives and get a laugh out of someone else’s shenanigans. Take a look at the list of the 7 best comedy movies on Netflix and give them a watch. Then, come back to this page and let us know how you felt about each of the films in the comments section below!